shopaholics online ♥

Saturday, January 8, 2011

MSB ♥

which stands for one of hairs favorite trend: the Messy Side Braid.

I was browsing up some tutorials from Dulcecandy on youtube. I don't know if you are familiar with her. But she has these amazing makeup and hair videos. I just love watching her tutorials. I also follow her on twitter and her blog.
Anyway, I came across this hair tutorial of her styling her hair into a messy side braid. I've seen this look before in lots of magazines, so I decided to watch the video.
I usually wear my hair down, so I'm definitely up for finding new ways to wear my hair.



















To get this look, you'll need:
*hairbrush & comb
*bobbypins
*rubberbands
*curling iron


What you'll do:
Comb your hair through so you get all the knots out. Then take all of your hair and brush it all to one side. Left or Right..it doesn't matter. You can decide which side works best for you. With a rubber(elastic) hairband you make a side ponytail. Braid your hair all the way down and tie it with another rubber(elastic) hairband at the end. If you're like me, there are still some hair pieces that stick out. So just stick some bobbypins in. Because you hair in front might not be as long as in the back, you get hair that stays loose when you brush all your hair on one side. For those piece of hair you can use the curling iron to curl them. (Don't forget to use a heat protector before you use the curling iron).
That way it takes away the polished look, and makes it a bit messy, which is the whole point.

I apologize if me explaining what the steps are, is a little bit confusing for you. I would love to start doing tutorial videos myself, but I kinda hate my voice on video. So that's probably not gonna happen.

I'd say try it out! It's a great style to wear at school, or on a date. It will look like you didn't put that much effort into your hair, but somehow still looks stylish!

Have another hairstyle you love to wear? Or did you try out the MSB?
I would love to see pictures, so send them!


xxx
PrncszTffny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me comments! I love reading them as they are the highlights of my day :) Please don't be a stranger, I would love to see your pretty faces again soon ♥